Wednesday, March 19, 2008





In my last post I mentioned the Unity Church's use of the winged globe (and if you follow the link there is a discussion about the Egyptian origin of this symbol). So I wanted to show the Egyptian concept of the sould in the Ba form. Another form of Ba is a bird with a man's head. This symbol however, is supposed to embody the idea of a soul or one's personality.

For my work, I think I would like to take that another step further and suggest the idea that the sphere might represent the individual's potential and or abilities.

3 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Hello, pressed next blog and found your site. I am unfamiliar with the globe with wings symbol (it reminds me of the quidditch 'snitch' from Harry Potter) but I can see how it would represent the soul. Intriguing. Have a good day.

Alicia Eggert said...

Hey Jon! Well, looky here... it seems as though strangers are already coming across your blog and taking interest in it. How cool.

Bekah Jarvis said...

Hey hey, looks like a Quidditch Snitch from Harry Potter! :D Not a very intellectual response, I know, but still! It does! :D hehe I am a dork.