Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Transforming Aurora

As I have said before, I am very interested in trans formative works of art. In my Video art class, I created this piece starting from some simple video static which was run through a Sandine processor and the replicated 8 times in Final Cut Pro. I used a keying process to take out various portions of each frame to be able to see the frame below. I made two versions of this process and then combined them through a Maximus P Jitter patch (with the help of my friend Devin Henry). Then I took this image back into Final Cut Pro, slowing down the visual speed, creating a rotating path, modifying it with motion blurs, skews and enlargements. My intention with this piece is to create a moving painting. Hopefully, this piece and others like it will become part of my overall work when I project these video images both onto painted sculpture as well as illuminating sculptures from within. This is definitely a work in progress.

Although this is a very abstract work, I believe if you look at it as you would passing clouds, you will see many different images appear. Give it a try and let me know what you see. I am interested viewer response to my work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd personally like to see this video waaaaaaaay slower! It is beautiful, but moves much to quickly imho.