Monday, April 28, 2008

Solutions in Progress




I went back and studied the videos of Ned's work and realized that basically he had a net(work) that supports all of the individual metal or plastic plates. Since I am working much smaller, I realized (I believe), I can acheive the same effect by using hardware cloth with 10mm sequins suspended inside each of the squares. I will cut the cloth to the shape of my dolphin kicking figure, and because this is hardware cloth, the overall structure will be much lighter than if I had tried to make it out of wood and used the Reflecto-Lite system (or similar style with finish nails and sequins).

Now the next step is getting all of the pieces together without a car...Hopefully someone will respond to my calls. If not I will be empty-handed in class.

No comments: